1. Are you a student or are you working?
Well, for the past couple of years, I’ve been working as Software Engineer at Quoine, which is among the top 4 fintech company in Asia. I love this job, and I think it’s very interesting line of work.
2. What do you like about your job?
Well I guess the thing I like the most about my job is the salary. I make what I’d consider is a lucrative income, which means not only is it enough to cover my bills, but there’s also some extra to spend on whatever I want. So on the payday, I often treat myself to a meal at high-end restaurant or splurge on a nice shirt.
3. What do you dislike about your job?
You know, I’d have to say the overwhelming workload is something I am not a fan of. I mean, I’ve got a very hectic schedule, which means I’m always up the the ears in deadlines. That leaves me with every little quality time for family and friends. In the future, I might look into another job that is a bit less stressful.
4. What do you do after your work?
Well, when I get off work, my colleagues and I usually hit the bar and grab a couple of drinks and maybe a bite to eat if we’re feeling up to it. It’s great fun, and fantastic way to unwind.
- line of work: nghề
- a lucrative income: thu thập tốt
- cover my bills: trả tiền hoá đơn
- payday: ngày lãnh lương
- treat myself to something: tự thưởng cái gì
- hectic schedule: lịch làm việc dày đặc
- up to my ears in: bận ngập đầu
- quality time: thời gian riêng tư
- hit the bar: đi uống
- unwind: thư giãn
Bài viết này được lấy từ ebook IELTS 7.5 của Đặng Trần Tùng.