1.Who is your favorite celebrity in your country?
Well, I’d have to say I’m a big fan of Son Tung MTP, a prominent pop singer in Vietnam. His music is fantastic, and he also has a very nice personality. Even though he got a bad rap about copying other people’s music, I gotta say I’m still diehard fan.
2. How do celebrities influence their fans in your country?
Well, for the most part, people especially teenagers, tend to imitate their idols. I mean, they want to wear a same fashion or act in the way as their favorite celebrities. So for example, if a celebrity endorses a certain product, it is going to sell like hot cakes.
3. Would you like to be a celebrity? And Why?
I’d love to be in the limelight. I would be make a killing by doing shows and starring in commercials. Ever since I was a child, I’ve dreamed of being featured in the cover of popular magazines.
4. Do you think we should protect famous people’s privacy?
Definitely, As much as we love prying into other people’s lives. I think we should respect celebrities’ privacy. I know a few famous people get traumatized from being photographed all the time by paparazzis.
- prominent: nổi tiếng
- a bad rap: tai tiếng
- diehard fan: fan cuồng
- endorse: quảng cáo cho một sản phẩm
- sell like hot cakes: bán chạy
- in the limelight: được dư luận chú ý
- make a killing: kiếm được nhiều tiền
- so shows: diễn show
- be featured in/on: được xuất hiện ở đâu đó
- pry into: soi mói
Bài viết này được lấy từ ebook IELTS 7.5 của Đặng Trần Tùng.